Bien dans sa peau

I came across the french expression bien dans sa peau in a blog about two years ago. The words flow through my thoughts every now and then. It is translated to content / comfortable / at ease with oneself. I strive each day to live up to this expression; to align my actions and thoughts with a confident outlook. I admire those who have true strong confidence. In this world where there can be tremendous criticism, it takes a strong mindset to brave the front of constant images or words suggesting there is a part of you that could use improvement. A characteristic I admire is when someone can differ between an opportunity for growth versus to feel criticized. We might not always look towards growth, but we should always keep it in mind.

Moving to this big new city has given me the greatest growth opportunity I could ask for. It is now my prerogative to take advantage of all lessons learned and vast array of experiences that exist.

Wish me luck!

Leave a Reply