Mommism

My mother is amazing. Her words are wise and her actions are loving. She sends my sister and I quotes (or mommisms) every now and then that are encouraging, motivating, and truth telling. Today she sent me a quote from Marilyn Monroe: "Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together". It was just what I needed to hear. Moving to a new city where I don't know many people has been a challenge. It is lonely at times. Taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture gives me the self-assurance I need to carry on. If things do fall apart, it takes hard work to put something greater back together. I learn so many lessons each day: from work, walking through the city, or reading the newspaper. I must remember to take time and reflect on those lessons and find the moral within them. 

From my mother's pinterest "Mommism" Board 


Leave a Reply