Slowly but Surely

So last night I went over the formalities and recipes of the cleanse with the roommates. Everything suddenly became a bit intimidating. We had to buy all organic fruits, soak raw almonds for an hour in water, and make green juices for three days consisting of 15 stalks of kale.... Excuses started to leak out and the enthusiasm started to die down. We started to think of events happening this weekend that would hinder our "pre-cleanse" diet or complaining that it was all too difficult. But when has any thing in life been so easy? If we want this, we have got to work for it.

I decided to make a compromise: enter into a week long pre-cleanse diet. This will consist of counting all calories for food eaten next week and then start moving to solely fruits and veggies next weekend. It is my last Pi Phi formal on Saturday so I might have to cheat just a little. But come April 4th, I will begin my first 3 day cleanse.

So in the meantime, I will keep y'all updated on the exciting new recipes I will be trying as well as my workouts. The 3 Day cleanse book gave numerous recipes that sounds delicious: roasted red bell pepper soup, veggie corn tortilla tacos, fresh fennel salad with cranberries, etc. I have realized that the more time you take to prepare your food, the more you appreciate what you are putting in your body. If you simply open a packet of instant mac and cheese and add water, you only think about all the chemicals and processed foods for the 1:45 minutes it takes to heat up the plastic cup.

Here are a couple of additional goals I wish to obtain during this journey:
(1) Keep my room clean: the less clutter on the floor, the less clutter in my mind
(2) Less procrastination: the more I get done on time, the less stressed I will be and will have more energy to focus on this journey
(3) Be Busy: the more I have on my plate, the more focused I tend to be
(4) Get out into LA: I will be (most likely) leaving LA soon and I want to make sure I have no regrets about people or places I never got to see

Best,







ps. missing my precious Nick :)

Leave a Reply