Newspapers

Growing up, I spent my sunday mornings watching cartoons in my parents bed while they read the newspaper. I would try to read it with them but I had a hard time folding the paper just right. I easily got frustrated and turned back to Rugrats.

This past year I decided to get the New York Times delivered to my apartment on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It is exciting to open the door and see the blue plastic package on the ground. Sunday's are of course my favorite because they have the Style section. My favorite articles are when they make the collage of pictures showcasing a specific trend. This past Sunday is was Graphic Prints and all the outfits were black and white.

With all of this technology, the production of newspapers has dropped significantly. People want to have their news catered to their interests. I have found the easiest way to access news form many different sources is twitter. You can scan the 140 character blurbs and see what interests you the most. I do admit to doing this but sometimes it frustrates me how are only concerned with what affects us directly.

While reading a newspaper you are more likely to come across a story that has nothing to do with your daily activities but can have a significant effect on your views. This fast paced world has put blinders on all of us.

We only see what we want to see.

Leave a Reply